LA Fitness (doing business as La Fitness International LLC) is an American gym chain with more than 700 clubs in the United States and Canada. The company was created in 1984 and is located in Irvine, California. So, today we will give you a brief description of La Fitness and its facilities and employee portal.
The origin of La Fitness.
LA Fitness was founded in 1983 by founder Chenowal Yee. In 1984, Louis Welch, president and CEO, partnered with Chinoyle Yi to open a location on the corner of Hollenbeck Avenue and the suburbs of Arrow Highway in Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California.
Official records describing the company’s history and development are limited. By the mid-1990s, the company had acquired low-performing fitness clubs in southern California, and expanded, opened, and operated newly built properties.
In 2007, the company acquired six fitness clubs in Toronto, Ontario and Canada and expanded outside the United States. In 2010, the company Pure Fitness acquired six locations in Phoenix from Arizona. Within a year, all but the former Pure Fitness clubs were closed.
In 2009, Collier Township Shooting, also known as LA Fitness Shooting, took place at an LA Fitness Health Club in Collier Township, Allegany County, Pennsylvania, killing four people.
On November 30, 2011, the company completed the acquisition of 171 clubs for $ 153 million from Bali Total Fitness. LA Fitness then started shutting down some of the former Bali Fitness clubs near the existing LA Fitness facilities and rebuilding others.
On July 2, 2012, the company completed the acquisition of all 33 Lifestyle Family Fitness Clubs in Florida. According to Lifestyle CEO Stuart Leisher, “We have reviewed our option to remain an independent company or to sell it to a larger organization. After deliberation, the Board of Directors has decided that all Lifestyle products will be sold. Family Fitness Club at Florida La Fitness. “
On December 23, 2013, LA Fitness announced the acquisition of Buffalo and the Rochester Athletic Club in western New York.
On December 30, 2013, it completed the acquisition of all 10 Vision Quest Sports and Fitness clubs in the Greater Seattle area. It is currently increasing in different countries.
La Fitness Employee Portal.
When an employee of La Fitness has access to this portal, he can monitor what happens to the company. In some cases, employees understand how companies organize their work with the help of an employee portal.
This portal helps employees access to all their employment information such as salaries, work hours, taxes, or any benefits. An employee can access this portal from any device with an Internet connection.
If needed, an employee can edit his information and access other important forms such as the W-2 form. Using the portal is a very easy process, employees only need their login credentials to access the website.
Benefits of the LA Fitness Employee Login Portal
- The LA Fitness Employee Portal benefits employees by providing them easy access to their employment-related information.
- Employees can quickly find any data they need about their job, including salary and performance reviews.
- The LA Fitness Employee Login Portal allows you to work your finger on the pulse of daily activities! You can find anything you want or need.
- Your LA Fitness Employee Login Portal is available for you to use anywhere, anytime!
- The LA Fitness Company always strives to provide the best possible services
- Everyone kicks in while everyone works together for a great cause!
LA Fitness Employee Portal Requirements
- Employee Portal Login for LA Fitness.
- Computer, smartphone, or tablet.
- A browser that can access the web portal.
- Login credentials, such as your username and password, for your portal login.
- Internet access.
LA Health Employees International Portal Login Process.
- To log in to the LA Fitness Employees International Portal website, follow these steps:
- First visit the official page of employee portal.
- Enter the required information on the page: Type your username and password and then the “Login” button.
- Once your login details are verified, you will be given access to your account.
If you are a former employee of LA Fitness International, you can visit the “Ex-Employee” section of the website to view details of your former employment, where you must provide some information, such as the last of your Social Security numbers. The four digits, the date of birth, and the first four letters of your last name.
LA Fitness membership online.
- If you would like to register online and become a club member, follow the steps below.
- First visit La Fitness International’s website lafitness.com.
- Then, hit the “Add now” button.
- Then, select your subscription plan and enter your details to proceed to the next page.
- If you are already a club member, just log in to your account and contact the online community.
General LA Fitness Complaints.
Most members are happy when they use it, but when they try to cancel their membership, complaints begin.
The Better Business Bureau has hundreds of complaints from people who tried to cancel their membership during COVID due to Lockdown and / or were not comfortable going to the gym even though they returned.
LA Fitness could not handle the cancellation as most members would expect, especially during this difficult time. It ended up with thousands of complaints, and even in some cases.
While LA Fitness fixes the situation, it does not mean it is easy to cancel your membership, so be aware of the possibility if you join.
So, now you know about the La Fitness Employee Portal. Launched in 2018, LA Fitness offers high-intensity breakthrough training classes at some of the restored clubs for a variety of fees, including heart rate monitors by Myzone.
In the fall of 2020, LA Fitness launched its new Down Market Asporta Fitness brand, and re-branded several former LA Fitness venues called Sporta Fitness.